Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first nebula

My first ever nebula M27, imaged in the early hours of this morning.  

I'm having a few issues getting the auto guiding working properly at the moment, so had to settle for 30 x 30 second exposures at ISO1600, plus 20 darks which I stacked using Deep Sky Stacker.

John

M27 Stacked - After levels adjustment.jpg

On 7/6/2016 at 23:53, cjdawson said:

That's pretty.  Wish I was allowed out to play on a school night as I'd have attempted that as well.

It's not all glory, I didn't get to bed until 2 and had to be up for work at 6.30.  Still when the sky's clear and there's no moon, it's got to be done.  

I'll catch up on sleep when it's cloudy.  :icon_biggrin:  

John

On 7/7/2016 at 00:03, Dave In Vermont said:

Very respectable image - you're well on the way!

I look forward to your next images, please do share with us John.

Onwards and upwards -

Dave

Thanks for the words of encouragement Dave.  

John

On 7/7/2016 at 00:09, spaceman_spiff said:

It's amazing what detail you can get out of M27 with just 15 mins of exposure! Good work! :happy72:

Thanks.  I forgot to mention, I rejected an image due to a satellite trail, then set DSS to stack only 80% of them, so it ended up a bit less than 15 minutes.  

John

On 7/7/2016 at 01:35, orion25 said:

Congratulations! Nice work. M27 is a beautiful nebula and you captured it well! :hello2:

Reggie

Thanks Reggie.  I love the colours in the Dumbbell nebula.  I may have a go at a galaxy next as I haven't done one yet, but the Ring Nebula is also very tempting.  

John

Archived