Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My go at M16

simmo39

After seeing the images of M 16 in this thread i was hooked. I didnt realize how low this target was and having to fight cloud, poor seeing and lights i got this. Not my best but im v pleased with the end result. Taken with my modded 600d through my 130 PDS  10 x 4min exposure at 800

M16a_zpsi17qandy.jpg

And here is the crop.

m16crop_zpssssgmglu.jpg

Hints and tips welcome.

22 hours ago, laudropb said:

Very nice image.

17 hours ago, Leveye said:

Really spectacular work!

1 hour ago, toxic said:

lovely image Simmo :thumbsup:

Thank you, Wish I had got more data. Dont think I will get another chance till next year as soon it moves behind some garages!

1 hour ago, Galatic Wanderer said:

Great image! Was this done with a DSLR?

Yes, done with a canon 600D (modded)

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Nice! I must try this one when I can get a clear LP free view low and south!

Did you use DSS? If so, turn in signa-kappa stacking and that faint satellite trail will disappear.

Hi, no used pixi, will try some other stacking settings in that to try and get rid of it. Think i really need more data to help.

15 minutes ago, andyo said:

Nice capture some great detail.I think the colour looks really good on the top two images  but appears a bit orange on the close crop

Yep the orange in the close crop was me messing about with the colour sliders in Gimp. trying to get a bit of hubble colour! lol

Archived