Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB to Parallel Port adapter

Parallax

I have just had to buy a new laptop and obviously they don't come with serial and parallel connections anymore. So I bought a usb to serial adapter, which works fine, and a usb to parallel port adapter which doesn't http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000QDK9OS

This clearly isn't the correct type because when I connect the SPC900NC SC1 to this port the webcam image disappears (the webcam works fine on another laptop).

So my question is, which is the correct adapter to buy? Or, and please don't say that this is the case, is it not possible to control the long exposure mod with a usb to parallel adapter?

TIA

Steve

It is possible, but I think that the adapters are very picky about which works and which doesn't.

Try Astronomiser - his work I beleive. But I also think that certain free software doesn't like the adapters, but the paid for versions are ok.

Sorry couldn't have been more help.

Ant

I think I may have missunderstood, but Why a USB to Parallel, and not another USB to Serial?

Are you using a Parallel Printer perhaps?.

The webcam mod is the parallel version.

It is possible, but I think that the adapters are very picky about which works and which doesn't.

Try Astronomiser - his work I beleive. But I also think that certain free software doesn't like the adapters, but the paid for versions are ok.

Sorry couldn't have been more help.

Ant

Before I ordered one I had a look on the Astronomiser website but didn't find what I was looking for. Maybe I'll give them a call.

Cheers.

Steve

IIRC you need to go USB to Serial then Serial to Parallel, few USB to Parallel converters work for this application.

The Atik Serial to Parallel adapters do work and are still available.

bern

IIRC you need to go USB to Serial then Serial to Parallel, few USB to Parallel converters work for this application.

The Atik Serial to Parallel adapters do work and are still available.

bern

Yes, you are correct. I have just found out that usb to parallel adapters DO NOT WORK with the LX mod.

I had the same issue. LX will only work on the registered version of K3.

Are you saying that the free version (V1) doesn't support "serial" LX? I have had a look in the settings tab and all of the settings are present. Confused.

Steve

I had the same issue. LX will only work on the registered version of K3.

Are you saying that the free version (V1) doesn't support "serial" LX? I have had a look in the settings tab and all of the settings are present. Confused.

Steve

It supports the LX mod, but not with one of the USB - serial / parallel adapters.

Ant

OK, thanks for that. It's looking more likely that I will have to b-b-b-buy K3. Yes, I know it is a bargain for the price but I have been spending money lately like it's going out of fashion.

Aren't there any cheap hobbies? :)

Steve

Archived