NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Further Testing The C9.25 - Using Atik 16HR

jcm

Conditions not too good last night - murky thin cloud.

Thought I would have a go using the Atik 16HR.

6 X 3mins at F6.3 , H-alpha

6 X 3mins at F6.3 , OIII

Synthesised green channel.

Was planning to use my electric filter wheel but it broke down !

The auto guider needs tweaking a bit but it did a reasonable job. The processing a bit rushed and the colours a bit strong , but who cares these are only test images.

John

post-13061-133877343572_thumb.jpg

Hi Rog and the other guys who have commented ,

I may be up and running again but stuff I touch seems to break. The EQ6 had to go back after one day. My new electric filter wheel worked perfectly a month ago then when I tried to use it recently it would not work. The supplier is taking it up with the manufacturer. I keep wondering whats going to go wrong next.

Back to the scope - seems to be performing well , the guiding is going to have to be spot on with the increased focal length and smaller field of view - especially using the Atik. But I think I am slowly taming it.

John

Thanks , CW.

The red needs to be reduced a bit :)

But as I said these are just trying out the new kit to iron out any problems while its nice and warm outside.

Might try tonight to increase the lengths of the subs.

John

Hi Arran,

I use the method of synthesising a green chan. when I only have red ( H-alpha) and blue ( OIII ) data or I want to save time. I make an RGB image from the red/blue data by copying the blue and calling it green. Then I use Noels Actions to synthesise a green chan. Sounds a bit odd I know and there are other ways of doing it.

John

Archived