Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M16 Mono and HaHaRGB

MartinB

I really want to get this closer up with my LX200 and AO but was keeping it simple whilst getting used to new cam. Not the best of targets the camera, the M16 cluster was in full bloom after 5 mins of Ha. Removed the blooms with Maxim's debloomer but it leaves the stars needing a bit of repair work. There was a fair bit of high cloud around which hit the contrast a bit but great to be out without getting frostbitten

ED120 with WO 0.8 flattener and QSI532. Ha unbinned 11x5mins RGB binned x2 40:40:60 secs.

Captured and combined in Maxim. Processed in PS Ha for lum RGB then Ha added as a colour layer so HaHaRGB. Have cropped the mono and the colour is full frame. Needs a good bit longer really happy with the QSI (which is a relief!). Will get in closer next time and do an emission line thingy

6926_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

6927_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Thanks everyone. We don't get long on it do we. It pops up briefly for me this time of year between my hedge and the neighbours house. Sounds like there are one or two more on the way. Looking forward to them Mike and Steve.

Archived