Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Help Toucam II Windows 8/10 Drivers

Hi,

the Toucam II WONT work with win 8 or 10 with its native drivers, you have to flash upgrade the camera with the newer

Philips  SPC900nc  firmware, and then it uses those drivers which will work.....

i can do the flash upgrade for you as I have the software and the firmware to do it, and the flash upgrade also can only be done on an XP machine

hope that helps

Bill

Once the upgrade is done the camera will be recognised as an SPC900nc camera, and also has the features that come with it, so it's worth doing, drivers are here:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=SPC900NC/00&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=GB&slg=ENG

the win 7 drivers will work as far as I know, once flashed, that the ones I have used anyway.

Bill

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stub Mandrel said:

Will a Windows 2K machine do - I have one in a drawer?

I don't know have never used one for the flash upgrade, I have the files needed but you also,need the software that does the actual upgrade too, and not sure where you can get that from, I have it installed but not the origonal install file.

if you do find it than you have to do a couple of things 

first connect the Toucam to the XP computer with the Toucam drivers and start sharp cap so you get an image on the screen

then start the flash software and connect the camer to it while sharpcap is still running in the background, then select the upgrade flash Bin file, and start the upgrade, it will tell you when it is done.

then go back to sharpcap and the camera will be not working, so close that and unplug the camera, then plug back in and load the SPC900 drivers, then start sharpcap again and you should see that it is connected to a SCP900 camer now.

it is very important to have the camera connect o and running in sharpcap before and during the upgrade, or it won't work properly and you can mess up,the whole process and ruin the camera.

Bill

OIK, I've got it all running - the old Lappy has both XP and 2K on it, so i worked under XP.I used Phillip's on capture program and WcRmac as described on the threads.

wcrmac says it is a toucam XS and that it is not supported by it.

BUT the camera installs itself as a Toucam II 820K

Oh woe!

I found this on cloudy nights, I will try it:

http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/275496-getting-a-toucam-pro-840k-to-work-with-windows-7/

Anotehr update the camera is a PCVC 820K/20,

If I change the numbers to match the hardware ID of my camera (rather than the one given for an 840K in the example), it tries to load, but fails as it says the files security hash no longer matches the one in the catalogue :-(

I guess W7 didn't do this security check, but W8 does.

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

That's the route I have followed, but wcrsmac says my camera isn't supported.

If it a Toucam Pro II to it will be an 840, not 820

it sounds like you just have the normal Toucam fun or XS which are no good really for astronomy, you need the Toucam pro or Pro II, they are the ones supported by the software, and used for astronomy...

the pro is white and shaped like an egg, the pro II is all silver with a stand on the bottom......

can you show a picture of it...

Bill

Edited by RuralBill

Your camer is a Toucam II and not a pro II that is your problem.....you have the wrong camera for astronomy use, it will,not be supported by the flashing software as they are not used for astronomy, for a few different reasons, one being they have a CMOS sensor and not a CCD which the others have, so no where near as sensitive....

sorry to be the bearer of bad news....

Bill

• 5 years later...
On 11/06/2016 at 08:13, RuralBill said:

Once the upgrade is done the camera will be recognised as an SPC900nc camera, and also has the features that come with it, so it's worth doing, drivers are here:

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/cpindex.pl?ctn=SPC900NC/00&hlt=Link_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=GB&slg=ENG

the win 7 drivers will work as far as I know, once flashed, that the ones I have used anyway.

Bill

Hello Bill,

I'm getting back into taking astrophotography and I'm hoping you can help me with reflashing my toucam pro II for windows 10.  Is this possible.  

Thanks,

Demetry