Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Well Mark I've been all the way to town to buy a 5mm Allen key, stupidly not taking the bolt with me to try. Got back to find that 5mm key does not fit! :hmh:  Just back from the second visit. Tried the bolt in the store and found that the 3/16" key did the job and the 4.5mm came close. :hello2: So Imperial measures/size  bolts are being used on Skywatcher kit but perhaps not others.   

Thanks Mark. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a degree in engineering is required to enable the kit to be put together. :icon_biggrin: I now have the Startravel 80 piggy backed on to the 80ED but I'm far from convinced that the way it's dovetail marries with the EQ5 mount, given the extra weight, is the most appropriate. If any reader sees this post and has experience of using FLO's 'guiding bundle' then any observations would be appreciated.   

5 hours ago, Grierson said:

Thanks Mark. I'm rapidly coming to the conclusion that a degree in engineering is required to enable the kit to be put together. :icon_biggrin: I now have the Startravel 80 piggy backed on to the 80ED but I'm far from convinced that the way it's dovetail marries with the EQ5 mount, given the extra weight, is the most appropriate. If any reader sees this post and has experience of using FLO's 'guiding bundle' then any observations would be appreciated.   

You mean you didn`t have an MSc Eng, before taking up the hobby ? :help:

Archived