NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The one thing i got from today's transit..........

My MOJO back.

It has been well over a year since i had a scope outside at night or even during the day for solar observing. Today i literally grabbed n' went with my solar set up and saw the transit. My spark has been rekindled.

I'm now going to leave my solar set up in the kitchen as is and every single day of clear skies i will be out there observing. Its a 70mm wide field scope so i may even use it at night (i just have to swap out the Hershel Wedge for my star diag).

I really have gained a lot from today..........more than the view of a tiny black dot.

I'm back in the game.

This is my dedicated solar gear:

70mm refrac

Hershel Wedge

8-24mm Hyperion zoom 

solarscope.jpg

Hi Paul your set up for today must had been a good one , you put some food and water out must had got hot in the Sun. lol

Only jokeing Paul  , not the best time of the year with so little darks sky this time of the year Septemper not to far away that my best time of the year geting dark a still not clold out and as for today I bet you feel much better for going out.

Les

4 minutes ago, Starlight 1 said:

Hi Paul your set up for today must had been a good one , you put some food and water out must had got hot in the Sun. lol

Only jokeing Paul  , not the best of the year with so little darks sky this time of the year Septemper not to far away that my best time of the year geting dark a still not clold out and as for today I bet you feel much better for going out.

Les

I know. ive observed for over 30 yrs. Just no observing within the last year due to health issues. Today felt brilliant..............my 1st time doing any kind of observing since about 12 months ago.

That's brilliant news, Paul!!!  

We never lost you really, as I could see you had been active on the forum throughout!  

Guess the movie: "Welcome back to the fight.  This time I know our side shall win!"

Another thing i learned today is that i need a new tripod. I have an 8115 which i use as my solar tripod and also my DSLR tripod. There is way too much slopping and it aint as solid as can be. To be on target i have to aim it above the target and allow for droop.

Archived