NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My baby newt

wingman

Have you had a chance to use it yet ? The skys been quite clear near me this week.

For night owls Jupiter has been around from midnight onwards - the 130PM should give you a pretty solid view of it especially outdoors with the scope cooled down.

It really is a great bit of kit.

Not really Mel, it gets dark so late at the moment and I have to be up early to walk the dog before I go to work so I'm really limited to Saturday nights unless I want to risk falling asleep at my desk! It's very frustrating!!

From the brief usage so far, which was just a look at Arcturus, it seems a good buy, I haven't even had to collimate it because it looks spot on using my cheshire.

Don't laugh but never having even looked through a telescope before I was amazed at how many more stars appear in the eyepiece than are visible with the naked eye, even with the least powerful of my eyepieces, and it wasn't even properly dark at the time so I'm sure I'm going to get a lot of enjoyment with it.

Oh well, they say patience is a virtue!

Patience is the elxir of observing for sure. Lots of nothing much happening in between moments of delight.

The 130 shouldnt need collimating much at all. I learnt collimation on mine when my youngest son undid the spider vanes to see what the screws did aaaarrrgggghhhhhh !!!!!!

Archived