Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC6910

Starflyer

Last night was the last clear night forecast for the next week, so I decided to stay up and have another go with the modded webcam.

Skywatcher 130PM, SC1 webcam.

60 x 20 second subs, best 25 selected and stacked in DSS, tweaked in Photoshop - thanks for the pointers CW :grin:

I think it's a bit too blue but I haven't figured out how to correct this yet - any help or constructive criticism most welcome.

NGC9610 a small open cluster in Cygnus;

6715_normal.jpeg

Ian

Good one is that,Ian. Not never seen that one before. :grin:

Must give it a try once the skies clear.

If you don't like the blue go into Hue/Saturation select 'Blues' from the menu and move the middle pointer to the left. Alternatively, use the Sponge Tool set on Desaturate and just wave it over the areas that you wish to reduce in colour. I quite like a bit of blue in an image like that but colour perception varies with the individual of course.

Cheers

CW

Nice image Ian......Colours work well in the image as far as i can make out....Like CW said, colour perception varies with each individual though......i ended up with a pink galaxy the other day after processing one of my images :grin:....the downside of trying to process astroimages and being colourblind, the two dont mix well.....

Mark

Thanks for the kind comments everyone :lol:

Hi Tony - I hadn't planned to try imaging this cluster. I started the session gathering some more subs for M57 and came across this little cluster while scanning around Cygnus later on, so I decided to have a go before packing up for the night, I'm glad I did it's a nice little open cluster.

Any time Martin, although I'm not sure I'm the best person to ask for a lesson, these are more luck than skill :grin:

Thanks again for the help CW, it's very much appreciated, I'll have a play when I get some time. Visually there was a quite a few very red stars in there and I'd like to bring those out a bit more and maybe slightly reduce the overall blueness.

Cheers,

Ian

Archived