Oh what a lovely pair

bomberbaz

Ok so I bit the bullet. After using the Nikon Nav HW 17/14 for the last 6 months, I decided to get the 12.5/10 version. 

I have not had anything to compare it with but all I will say is they are in a class of their own. 

The 12.5/10 is slightly lighter than its larger sibling but it oozes the same quality. 

Coupled to that the fact it is supposed to accept televue dioptrx, I think this is going to be a winning combination for me. 

Clear skies this weekend to try it out too.  Ooh being it on ???

image.jpeg

8 minutes ago, YKSE said:

Congratualtions, that's surely great.:thumbsup: Looking forward to your first light.

BTW, You might be able to raise some cash by not having duplicates in 10-14 range:smiley:

The Radians are for the 100ED YKSE, the Nikons are for the dob. I need just those two beauts, the Nagler and a powermate and that covers nearly almost everything I need with the dob. 

The smaler 1.25" glass is nearly all for the ED100 except for the 25mm vixen and the 4MM radian which will be a shared eyepiece. Don't know how long that will continue before I get another though, new case on the horizon. :thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, DRT said:

Very nice, Steve!

Now then, does anyone know how to add retailers who sell Nikon Nav HW eyepieces to the banned list on a MacBook Air? :help:

Looking forward to reading your Ethos vs Nikon shootout thread in the very near future....

20 minutes ago, Paul73 said:

They do look good together Steve. Can you disclose where you got them?

Obviously, I'm not asking for me..... but it is my birthday next week....

Paul

Paul. You will have to lump together a few years birthdays to get the pair unless you have a VERY generous other half :laugh2: :thumbsup:

Lovely eyepieces Steve, rarer than something best not mentioned from a rocking horse here. All joking aside I two cases empty in the barn that are the victims of Dereks eyepiece diet, once full of Delos'sss and Naglers now collecting dust, sadly the cost of sending out-weighs there worth.

I was thinking going and buying another case tomorrow but until I have sorted out the dioptrx and can decide on sizes I will leave it. My case looks like a jumbled mess but its a very nice jumbled mess.

5 hours ago, bomberbaz said:

Paul. You will have to lump together a few years birthdays to get the pair unless you have a VERY generous other half :laugh2: :thumbsup:

Blimey. That is just north of Ethos money!! But you do get 2 for the price of 1 (fl wise).

So we are looking at £300 ish per very premium 100° eyepiece....... Suddenly the economics are adding up......

Think that I'll wait for a) Derek's Ethos vs Nikon comparison. And,, b ) having that sort of £££ to "invest" in eyepieces.

Looking forward to your first light report.

Paul

I am sure they will compare very well although not having used an ethos, I cannot comment. So I too will be very interested in the shootout result. BTW u may have import duty on imported eyepiece. 

I did a lot of research on televue dioptrx and it turns out Nikon hw are compatible, as are the ES82 and vixen lvw. Radians are also of course. Anyway the compatibility was one of the things that helped push the buy button. 

So once my eye test is done Saturday I hope to soon have a all new viewing experience to enjoy very soon:icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin::icon_biggrin:

Archived