Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Modified Canon 450D green tint

migeek

I've been imaging for a couple months now with a modified Canon 450D in my Explore Scientific 80mm ED APO, I noticed as of late my images have been coming out with a green tint. I'm assuming it could just be something as simple as a White Balance adjustment whether using AUTO or selecting a custom WB on the camera. I do have a clip-in Astronomik UVIR filter in place as well, just curious if anyone else has experienced this or found a simple fix. Thanks!

The Moon was taken 1/320s at ISO 200, I also get the same thing imaging anything else, the stars were imaged for 5 minutes testing out my autoguider at ISO 800 last night. I do live in a pretty dark area but I do have a streetlight (aka ultra washout) that likes to poke in the end of my telescope.

IMG_6314.JPG

IMG_6312.JPG

Yeah that looks typical. Full spectrum you get a pink tint, and with the clip filter you get a green or blue tint depending on white balance settings.

As said, just allign the channels in processing, I do mine as soon as they are stacked in deep sky stacker.

Archived