Genika capture software

Davey-T

Got a couple of good points, 16 bit capture if camera supports it and links to Airy Labs SS Monitor.

Unfortunately reading the blurb it has to be registered to a single camera and will only work with the registered camera, makes it completely useless AFAIC as I have several cameras, seems a bit of a weird thing to do ?

Dave

8 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Got a couple of good points, 16 bit capture if camera supports it and links to Airy Labs SS Monitor.

Unfortunately reading the blurb it has to be registered to a single camera and will only work with the registered camera, makes it completely useless AFAIC as I have several cameras, seems a bit of a weird thing to do ?

Dave

As I read it, you can install it on multiple PCs, and you can use up to three cameras with it. That is not too restrictive.

I have it, but I must admit I prefer Firecapture, but the older version. The new version of Firecapture is dreadful.

All the extra features I tried and I must say I found them a hindrance. There is a solar guider on the new version and I still haven't tried it as a. I can't work out how to download the new version and b. how do I connect my mount to my computer? 

My problem is I am very lazy, unless I absolutely need it I can't be bothered as I usually don't have the time to do anything anyway. Really I just need to ask Frederic and he would help me.

I think you can link to a few cameras you just need to ask Frederic.

Alexandra

9 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

As I read it, you can install it on multiple PCs, and you can use up to three cameras with it. That is not too restrictive.

Didn't read it properly, missed the (s) :)

Wonder if you can unregister a camera and register a new camera ?

Dave

1 hour ago, Montana said:

I have it, but I must admit I prefer Firecapture, but the older version. The new version of Firecapture is dreadful.

All the extra features I tried and I must say I found them a hindrance. There is a solar guider on the new version and I still haven't tried it as a. I can't work out how to download the new version and b. how do I connect my mount to my computer? 

My problem is I am very lazy, unless I absolutely need it I can't be bothered as I usually don't have the time to do anything anyway. Really I just need to ask Frederic and he would help me.

I think you can link to a few cameras you just need to ask Frederic.

Alexandra

Odd that you find the new version of FireCapture dreadful. I rather like it, but then I haven't connected it to my mount.

Yes 2.3 sounds right, version 2.4 is a dog. No buttons work they just look pretty. To get to a menu you have to go round the houses, then there are all these folders and I forget where I am and have to change the settings millions of times, then the whole thing locks up and I am back to square one. However I am forced to use this as my Blackfly (colour) doesn't work in version 2.3 and it doesn't work in Genika either :( 

Alexandra

1 hour ago, David Smith said:

I thought the main attraction of this software was he ability to link to an SSM and trigger capture in moments of good seeing? Or maybe I got my software packages confused:unsure:

No that's the one, you can leave the scope running and the camera will burst into life when the seeing is good.

The amount of Sun here recently I can't afford to be that fussy :)

Dave

Archived