NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

B&W Jupiter 24/3/16

JB80

Just checking back and this is my first Jupiter pic for over 10 months so I'm a bit rusty but quite happy all things considered. I didn't have my electric focuser working nor the filter wheel for RGB so it was a bit of a crude and wobbly set up. Also going by how much the moon was boiling I'd say seeing wasn't great but it's the first showing for the new x2 barlow and that is clearly a step up from the skywatcher one.

I had planned to go back out a bit later when the seeing had settled down a bit but came inside and promptly crashed out leaving everything outside all night, I need to get back in a routine for night time observing I think.

Taken with a 6" scope and ASI120mm 

aaa.jpg

Thanks guys!

Yeah I was behind the game  2 weeks after I got this camera and the mm-s model came out and now with the new models performing so well it is hard to resist.

Still I love this camera and sure I haven't got the best out of it just yet, must find my filter wheel though. I have no idea where that is. :D

Archived