Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first go at planetary

goose35

Jupiter with Europa and Io.

My first go with this cam at planetary and im well chuffed. Used webcams before now and not had much success.

Did this last night with the 150 PL and ASI 120 mono with various settings in sharpcap. I Then stacked in AS2 and used wavelets in Registax 6 one for Jupiter and one for the moons. Then combined the 2 images in PS.

I Know its Mono but its currently the only cam i have as i got it for guiding, now do i go for RGB filter set or a color version of this Camera.

56e7dbc2d9d4f_JupiterMoonscombined.jpg.2

These are the settings for the capture used for image. Please advise on any mods.

[ZWO ASI120MM-S]
Pan=138
Tilt=142
Output Format=SER file
Binning=2
Capture Area=640x480
ColourSpace=MONO16
Sensor Temp=8
High Speed Mode=Off
Overclock=0
Turbo USB=74
Flip Image=None
Frame Rate Limit=Maximum
Gain=11
Exposure (ms)=0.008
Timestamp Frames=Off
Brightness=0
Gamma=50
AutoExpMaxGain=50
AutoExpMaxExp=30
AutoExpMaxBrightness=100
Display Brightness=1
Display Contrast=1
Display Gamma=1

EDIT: ive rotated it now to orient it correctly

Very nice start, some decent detail and good to see a couple of moons in view. Mono or colour ? tricky! I have been mono (RGB) for years and it would take a very good colour (OSC)  to change my mind. The ASI224 is producing some stunning images! No doubt mono requires more effort, but personally I think its worth it.

I have seen better colour in images taken with mono and filters , requires more faffing about , I use a colour qhy5l-11 and that suits me , the usb3 cameras hitting the market now are giving fantastic images the only thing with them is you need to have a in my eyes a ssd hard drive and plenty of ram and usb3 on your pc , nice first btw

Archived