Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with skywatch skyliner 200p

Hello, bought this telescope and I'm having trouble focusing on distant objects, it's a powerful telescope so I'm quite surprised at how precise the image is for objects no more than 150ft away but shocked at how blurry the image is on distant objects, such as the moon. The scope is set up correctly (as far as I can tell) collimation has has been done and the laser pointer is bang on where it needs to be. I just can't seem to do anything with it and I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions? Thanks for any reply. 

Hi Neil

As an alternative to Peter's solution, I'm guessing that you have managed to get focus, but the image is "blurry".

The jetstream is strong yesterday and today, I can vouch for how "blurry" this made imaging last night compared to late last week.

Michael

Hi Peter, Yes I'm only using the 1 adapter at 1.25" so I can't see what the issue is?

Hi Michael, I've tried the scope in the dark now probably 10-15 times all with the same results, I'm not entirely sure if it is out of focus or just blurry. I will try it out in the day on a very distant object a couple miles away and see how I get on with focusing it at a distance to see if the result is the same.

Thanks

......the focuser wheels/knobs can turn even when the tensioner underneath the focuser is too tight? make sure the focuser tube extends/retracts when you rotate the focus wheels. If its too tight. the tube is stationary, and no focus is possible, except at the fixed location?

Hi Neil 

if you can focus on nearer objects but not further away , try it in the daytime as its much easier to see what you're doing , I know its been said before but make sure your only using the 2"x1.25" adaptor in the focuser you will have been supplied a 2" eyepiece adaptor with the scope , you only need to use this if you have 2" eyepieces , if you use both you'll be able to focus on nearer objects but not further away .

I did the exact same thing myself and wondered why I couldn't see anything 

P1000822.JPG

P1000823.JPG

Just wanted to share my thoughts since i had a similar experience when using the telescope right away without giving a chance to cool down. Just a thought, Sure it will be okay either way man. Plus you've got all the help over here if you need it so wouldn't worry. Can imagine how frustrating that would be so hope you figure it out

Archived