Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion over Pentre Ifan Pembrokeshire

Unexpectedly clouds cleared so took a drive up to Pentrre Ifan this is a image I been hoping to capture for some time since visiting this site last year Canon 600d (Mod) Tamron lens 28x200 mm, settings 10 Sec @ ISO 6400  F4 /28mm Hope you enjoy Rob

th_F%20XX%201.jpg

Thanks,     Yes did capture the Rosetter hoping next time I take a mount tracking mount instead of a tripod so I can exten the exposures times Only need a clear moon less night we can only hope !!!

It's  a great location, here are 2 of mine taken last June - these show the advantage of using a slightly wider lens (15mm) which also allows a slightly longer exposures (30 seconds), shot as ISO 6,400 - the first shot is the landscape showing the cloud coming in, the second shot is the portrait taken between the clouds - I look forward to seeing more of your images :) 

Whoops, I just realised that the evening we went to Pentrre Ifan clear outside was quoting 10 miles visibility and totally clear skies, which in reality turned out to not being able to see the end of the bonnet due to fog & heavy rain - these are in fact the dolmen just down the road at Carreg Samson at  Abercastle - sorry for the confusion...

280.jpg

278.jpg

Archived