NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Canon TC-80N3 long exposure remote for 300D/350D

russ

While surfing Ebay searching in desperation for a timer remote that may work with my Nikon D50, i came across a load of Chinese TC-80N3 remote clones. They look the business, just like the original but only cost £20-25 delivered instead of £100.

The TC-80N3 was the best thing i ever bought for my Canon but at the time i had to have it modified to work with the 300D/350D/400D/450D. Well the Chinese have taken care of that too with a version that works with the cheapo Canon DSLR. So that saves another £20 or so getting the original adapted.

Aren't they just great the Chinese?

Didn't help me much though :D

Here's a link: http://tinyurl.com/56sod8

Russ

sadly not. Or at least not the kind i was hoping for. I have the simple Infra Red remote but really wanted a timer remote. Just a shame Nikon decided to remove the wired remote port from the D50.

You'll also find another thing Nikon removed while trying to make the D50 meet a budget and thats a backlight for the LCD. Have to use a torch for everything.

Not wanting to put you off your D50 before has even arrived. Couldn't do that anyway. The D50 is a superb camera, just not ideally suited to astro work.

Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Archived