Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Bacon sandwich in the ISS.

sheeprug

I very much enjoyed this account of Heston Blumenthal's attempt to improve space food:

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/mar/05/heston-blumenthal-chef-cooks-astronaut-tim-peake

Especially the account of John Young's illicit corned beef sandwich in Gemini 3.  Somehow it makes the whole space exploration activity seem more 'human'.

And of course if goes withut saying that I'd happily eat freeze-dried food for the rest of my life in exchange for a trip to the ISS!  

SR

As an ex head chef I have seen some (censored) on TV, especially from HB. The one that comes to mind was he was making ice cream using liquid Nitrogen, what they forgot to mention was "don't try this at home 'cos if you get it wrong, your hands will freeze and fall off".......

The best one, that works is cook a whole salmon in your DISHWASHER... and yes it does work, brilliantly.

Next week, how to marinade your chicken in nitric acid for tenderness (joking).

Mythbusters.......

They have brought us (over the years) many delightful dishes such as: Dishwasher Lasagne, Explosive tenderised steak,food cooked on a car engine block, explosively juicier fruits, zero gravity popcorn........and no, not every unknown weird meat "tastes like chicken", but to name a few.

Now hand me my C4...........cuz i have a hankering for an omelette.

Archived