NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn

quimby44

I live between Donny and Barnsley and have had 2 recent great views of Saturn. Look SEish around 5am - it should be enough off the horizon for a decent view. I have seen it through my ST80 - very small with a 6mm Ortho ep but the rings are clearly visible. With my 150p Dob I got a great view with same ep. I've attached a pic I did with my phone through the ep so you can see what to expect - the view by eye was far better..?

image.jpeg

15 hours ago, Dazzyt66 said:

I live between Donny and Barnsley and have had 2 recent great views of Saturn. Look SEish around 5am - it should be enough off the horizon for a decent view. I have seen it through my ST80 - very small with a 6mm Ortho ep but the rings are clearly visible. With my 150p Dob I got a great view with same ep. I've attached a pic I did with my phone through the ep so you can see what to expect - the view by eye was far better..?

image.jpeg

That's what I saw but was blurry 

Archived