Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help please

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19 February 2016 at 21:48, Cornelius Varley said:

The full longitude coordinate will be something like 0 degrees 34 minutes 24 seconds. The Synscan handset only requires the first two parts and as the degree component can be between 0 and 179 and the minutes between 0 and 59 the display has two groups of digits 000 and 00.

Just quick update 

I managed to get out last night for couple hours after speaking to the shop I got the scope from who helped me reboot my handset then using new coordinates it finally worked .I would just like to thank you and everybody else who offered some help and advice with this problem.Once again can't thank you enough and I'm really looking forward to exploring the skies now and deep space 

44 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

Is rebooting the handset in the manual if not perhaps you could share it here please?

It's quite and easy process if you go into menu and look for factory reset .I think it's the same as reset on smart phone it worked just fine thoe hope this helps

glad to hear that you got it sorted.  Turns out that I am now having struggles with my scope going to weird and wonderful places when I ask it to do something easy like find the moon! Think you might have stumbled across something that might help me but I have a couple of questions

1. How long did this process take? 

2.is it idiot proof? 

3.what handset version have you got? 

Thanks. Popeye. 

6 hours ago, popeye85 said:

glad to hear that you got it sorted.  Turns out that I am now having struggles with my scope going to weird and wonderful places when I ask it to do something easy like find the moon! Think you might have stumbled across something that might help me but I have a couple of questions

1. How long did this process take? 

2.is it idiot proof? 

3.what handset version have you got? 

Thanks. Popeye. 

Hi Popeye the process is easy quick 

go into menu scroll through till you reach factory settings when prompted press 1 that's it .I then put in new data and it's been great since then hope you get it sorted

Archived