Moon 2/16 Still Daylight

boxtko

Took this around 4:30 pm earlier today. I was surprised to see the moon so high so early.  This is 5 frames stacked using PIPP and Autostakkert AS!2.  Celestron Nexstar 102GT, Nikon D3100, ISO 100 Shutter Speed 1/125, Processed in Lightroom.

moon216bl.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone.  In about a month, I'll be celebrating my "one year anniversary" of discovering my love for astronomy and astrophotography.   I'm so happy I can capture an image like this and share it.  One year ago today I didn't know what end of a telescope was the front and which was the back and my first moon shot took me forever to capture.  I'm glad you all like this. Thank you all for posting your pics on this website as well. While I am inspired by the sky, I am also inspired by your comments and pictures...so thank you.

Archived