Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M1 Crab Nebula and M51 Whirlpool Galaxy

cardconvict

Just a very quick thank you to everyone who has help me with my processing and a special thanks to Daniel-K who has helped immensely, I love this hobby and is great to meet new friends to share the passion of this wonderful hobby.

So here is the results after everyone help and guidance and road trip has just begun on my learning of processing.

M1 better.jpg

M51 Huge Improvement.jpg

M51 is my favourite galaxy and you've brought out the dust lanes within it brilliantly. Well done :)                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Despite it being my favourite, it's also one I have never seen through a scope... I hope to change this soon!

The crab is fast leaving us! I really need some clear skies to go hunting for it under again!

24 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

Very nice. I really like your M 51. I got the same pinky colour as you when I imaged it a couple of nights ago but I see others have got a Blue/Yellow profile. I must work out how to get that!

hey tim if you want "pinky colour" you really need HA filter or some really long subs. getiing the colour isnt too hard just make sure you boost the saturation in DSS before you save. 

Archived