Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Analysis of my Tele Vue Plossl 20mm

Piero

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks gentlemen for your support! :)

After 2 hours of nip tuck, that internal thread is still there. I cut all the way around for about 1-2 mm with my Swiss knife (YES I DID! :eek:), but so far, it does not seem to move at all.. I wonder how much cement they applied.. I will continue in the next few evening, but I just hope not to have to cut until the lens! :icon_scratch:

Thankfully, it's just a 20mm Plossl! Think about if one had to cut an Ethos or a Terminagler! :grin: 

2 minutes ago, YKSE said:

Piero,

Maybe worth a call to Televue? Just to confirm if it's missassembled and maybe they have better tips about how to disassemble it?

Thanks Yong, but I fear that if they saw what I have been doing, they could arrest me for Eyepiece Murder! :D

It was a risk I decided to take. Eventually, it is true, there isn't anything to lose, it's not my primary eyepiece, sending off for repair is more expensive than buying a second hand one. So, I've taken the chance and let's see what happens. :) 

OF COURSE, I am not going to do this for ANY other TV eyepiece of mine! 

Archived