Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powermate 2x owners

Owmuchonomy

I was thinking of obtaining a Powermate 2x to attach to my SCT 9.25" for the purpose of planetary imaging. Can you advise what is under the 1.25"  top attachment? Is it a thread suitable to attach a T ring? If so what is the thread size? I have 42 and 48mm t rings plus other options and wondered if these would fit.

I have one of these, acquired a few years ago, when I had ambitions of delving into imaging. Apparently the top half of the barrel of the lens unscrews to enable the special T- ring adapter to fit the Powermate lens assembly, through an internal thread on one side of the T-ring adapter which slips over the top of the lens so they can be screwed together, it is only necessary then to screw the camera T-ring, which I presume will be the standard M42 into the T-ring adapter. The one you want for the X2 Powermate, is the PTR-2200. Hope this is not too confusing :)

Just to confirm the size for you, I have put a vernier gauge across the T ring camera thread part and it measures 41.95 mm, so it is fair to assume it is the standard 42mm T ring male fitting. New, I think the PTR-2200 costs something over £30 HTH :)

Archived