Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another windows update issue

mbalkham

Just had the misfortune of a windows 10 update which seams to have upset eqdir from hi-tech astro. It apears you can no longer tell windows not to update drivers. This means the work around involving rolling back the driver that previously worked might not any longer.

Any ideas welcomed but my windows 10 pad no longer talks to the telescope (and it did yesterday and I can't work out how to fix it!)

9 minutes ago, Ken82 said:

You can restore your computer to a point in time when you were still using Windows 8 . I had this issue with drivers for a zwo 174 

that will only work if you've had Win 10 for less than 30 days....

On the original problem, IF you've had the 1511 update then all your system will have been updated, & newer drivers will have been applied to the device, so to use the older driver, using device manager, you need to 'update' the driver but select the older one...

I had the same issue

I assume you are referring to the rollback workaround documented here:

http://www.firstlightoptics.com/user/Hitecastro_EQMOD_Win8.pdf

The instructions refer to Windows 8 but it also applies to Windows 10. I did this after purchasing a new Windows 10 laptop then had to repeat the process again after the next large Windows 10 cumulative update. I have the latest update (1511) and you are still able to load the old driver.

Regards
John

Thanks all I'll have another go tonight. Tried Uninstalling, then couldn't find the don't install Windows update anymore (but found something that looked similar and related to updates from device manufacturer), then installed old drivers from the link, then plugged in scope and let it update, then go to rollback but it's greyed out?

Still can't make it work. My device installation settings now offer yes(recommended) or no (your device might not work). There is no longer the option for 'never install driver software from Windows update'.

Tried Uninstalling latest windows 10 update but to no effect. Bought the tablet with windows 10 so can't go back to windows 8 as I've never had it. 

Am I missing something?

1454731463577-1034316252.jpg

Archived