NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

More than i bargained for

10 hours ago, hobbiesaregood said:

Following this thread to see the outcome :)

They should definitely have taken you up on your offer of graciously accepting a mount to rectify the situation ;)

hehe...I'm not holding my breath!

A nice GoTo mount would be greatly appreciated though :D 

Saying that, they haven't replied to my email yet...maybe they are just checking they have the mount in stock!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Linda said:

That is one of the telescopes I consider as my next scope (on long term). It's just the weight that bothers me, just like the 10" flexdob.

TBF its not that heavy...mind you there is no mount with it.

Very nice. I don't know why FLO won't put a phone number on their website, that's why i went elswhere to buy my setup, when you are spending hundreds of pounds and want to ask lots of questions first, doing it through email just doesn't work, i want to be able to talk to someone. Maybe they will take note i am sure i'm not the only one that felt like this.

Just an aside, i do use FLO and have done many times in the past, great company but they don't seem to know that Alexander Graham Bell has made this fascinating device called a telephone :icon_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, MARS1960 said:

Very nice. I don't know why FLO won't put a phone number on their website, that's why i went elswhere to buy my setup, when you are spending hundreds of pounds and want to ask lots of questions first, doing it through email just doesn't work, i want to be able to talk to someone. Maybe they will take note i am sure i'm not the only one that felt like this.

Just an aside, i do use FLO and have done many times in the past, great company but they don't seem to know that Alexander Graham Bell has made this fascinating device called a telephone :icon_biggrin:

FLO just know what they are good at, and answering the phone is not one of those things. E-mail response is very good, and if you drop them a mail, they will be quite happy to call and discuss your requirements with you.

Number can be a real pain i booked on early one morning, was given my locomotive number 33065, wondered off out and back 6 hours later, back in office gave the loco number back, the foreman exclaimed so that's where it went, you should have taken 33056, no GPS in those days, later in its life 33056 got name "The Burma Star"  

2 hours ago, markthg said:

TBF its not that heavy...mind you there is no mount with it.

10kg for the Skywatcher Explorer 190 tube. I am just imagining myself holding that lifted up with 1 arm around it, while tightening the screws on an EQ mount. Or carrying the scope readily assembled on the solid mount with counterweights through the living room out to the terrace. Seems pretty heavy and awkward. Probably much more suited for a more permanent observatory. 

Or am I the only person thinking in this way? A heavy Dob can at least be transported on a trolley and rolled outside. I have seen pictures of people doing that.

7 minutes ago, Linda said:

10kg for the Skywatcher Explorer 190 tube. I am just imagining myself holding that lifted up with 1 arm around it, while tightening the screws on an EQ mount. Or carrying the scope readily assembled on the solid mount with counterweights through the living room out to the terrace. Seems pretty heavy and awkward. Probably much more suited for a more permanent observatory. 

Or am I the only person thinking in this way? A heavy Dob can at least be transported on a trolley and rolled outside. I have seen pictures of people doing that.

They are quite heavy lumps, but I manage with an 18kg 6" Refractor so it is possible!

3 hours ago, MARS1960 said:

Thats what this forum is for....asking questions. I bet you would get many great replies to any question,within minutes.

Well i will decline the bet on the grounds of the odds being stacked in your favour, how do i know this?  I joined this forum to ask questions and they got answered with many great replies.

However, being a company director i also know that communication is vitaly important to a business and to the people that support that business (THE CUSTOMER),  my only point was that FLO lost a customer simply because i was unable to contact them through a means that was suitable for Me..........the customer.

Stu was correct in that he said "FLO just know what they are good at" but he also said that answering phones they were not good at. Well maybe if they got good at it business could be even better, it certainly would ring true in my case and whats not to like about being good at talking to customers?

On 02/02/2016 at 21:47, FLO said:

We will ensure it does :smile: 

Thanks.

FLO gave me a £25 voucher today as a thank you for my honesty, doesn't quite stretch to a Skywatcher 9x50 Right-Angled, Erecting Finderscope but its a start :)

Archived