Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Dodgy ebay adds

rikroe666

Just a heads up, I have noticed loads of these adds lately for high end equipment on eBay and they normally tell you to reply to a gmail email address, I just clicked on the one in the link bellow and noticed that if you click on description it seems to redirect you to a fake eBay sign in page?   

I'm guessing this is how they manage to get in to peoples accounts to do these adds?

I can't see any way to report this on my mobile though.

Don't get court out by this.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takahashi-TOA-130-OTA-/252272979713?nav=SEARCH

I spotted that one and rather stupidly did get caught by the fake page. I've changed my password immediately so hopefully all is well. I'll keep an eye on it though.

I've been reporting loads of these to eBay recently, they get taken down but soon pop up again. Must be a way to tighten security more you would think.

56 minutes ago, rikroe666 said:

Just a heads up, I have noticed loads of these adds lately for high end equipment on eBay and they normally tell you to reply to a gmail email address, I just clicked on the one in the link bellow and noticed that if you click on description it seems to redirect you to a fake eBay sign in page?   

I'm guessing this is how they manage to get in to peoples accounts to do these adds?

I can't see any way to report this on my mobile though.

Don't get court out by this.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Takahashi-TOA-130-OTA-/252272979713?nav=SEARCH

If it's fake and contains a malware link why post a link to it on here?

ChrisH

6 hours ago, ChrisLX200 said:

If it's fake and contains a malware link why post a link to it on here?

ChrisH

Its a link to Ebay not the redirected site so people can see the pictures etc so they know not to click on that item, only trying to stop it happening to people who hadn't realised.

3 minutes ago, rikroe666 said:

I'm sure I clicked on one and was asked to log in at the beginning of weekend, so changed my password just in case:hmh:

Thats just what they want you to do. The e.bay login screen you get is a fake and they harvest your login and password when you enter it. Nasty stuff :angryfire:

3 minutes ago, John said:

Thats just what they want you to do. The e.bay login screen you get is a fake and they harvest your login and password when you enter it. Nasty stuff :angryfire:

Bad stuff! I didn't realise at the time, I saw the add got put on again last night so clicked on it but I had just looked at something else so knew I was logged in, then when I pressed the back button on my phone It kept reloading the fake login screen, took a few attempts to get off it.

Archived