Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It's Official.

Daniel-K

yesterday i made a near 600 mile round trip to drop off probably the best scope i would ever own. due to family and work it had to go as it was not getting used. 

the idea is to have a small imaging rig that i can use from home.

heres my new toys. Atik 414EX paired with a RC6 and starlight  :hello2:

now just need to find a mount and im ready. hoping to be all kitted out for SGL.

Dan :hello:

IMG_0662.JPG

IMG_0661.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

i want to try F9 first chirs after all i bought it for the FL to get up close :happy7: F9 isnt really that slow is it lol  im hoping to get some good globs in the spring/summer. desperate to get a imgae of m81 on this chip.

I look forward to seeing M81 on the that chip also :) I think Olly once said something along the lines of: it doesn't matter about f/ratio as long as you get all you want on the chip. I'm not exactly sure it was said like that, but it was something like that lol

i used that FoV calculator you posted a few days ago and it works out sweet at F9 most galaxies fit on and im sure i can lear  how to mosaic on the bigger ones using EQmosiac.

i think read that last week regarding Olly.

8 hours ago, johnrt said:

Looks fantastic Dan, all shiny new and ready to go. Looking forward to seeing some images from you from one 6"RC fan to another :p

it was a long trip yesterday lucky as all the motorways where clear. even the m25 on the way back was fast flowing :hello2:

Looking forward to seeing what you can do with the RC6 Dan. I use one for EAA/VA with a Lodestar camera which is a very different kind of imaging to what you will be doing but I have been very happy with the results. I have used the scope at F9 to image small planetaries like the Catseye Nebula and found that anything longer than one second was too long! So I guess it's just a case of choosing the right targets at F9. Anyway good luck.

Archived