Jones Emberson 1

Ibbo!

2 hours ago, ChrisLX200 said:

Good capture! I have this one on the 'list' of objects to image (a long list which is never going to get done at this rate). What do you mean by 'capped down' exactly?

ChrisH

one of the lens elements is damaged, got a small chunk out of it while I was trying to release the lens because of pinched optics when cold. I had to use a hammer and chisel to release the retaining ring.

Its fine visual but imaging I get stars with a bit missing unless its capped down a bit

So its reduced to about 116mm :sad2:

Good luck with the Sii Steve, I've not found many planetary nebs that respond at all to it :)

This is one of the most detailed versions of this I have seen, and loads of potential. I've never seen or imaged it yet, is now a good time to start it?

Cheers

Tim

1 hour ago, Tim said:

Good luck with the Sii Steve, I've not found many planetary nebs that respond at all to it :)

This is one of the most detailed versions of this I have seen, and loads of potential. I've never seen or imaged it yet, is now a good time to start it?

Cheers

Tim

Thanks Tim

I think its an ideal time of year

I start at about midnight when its just crossed the meridian, which means I can leave the rig to it if I'm working next day.

Maybe S11 was a bit ambitious

Will take a look. With clear skies at so much of a premium, these days I take a 10 min binned 4x4 sub in Sii, and if it isnt glaring obvious that there is some good signal there, find that shorter subs with red filter will usually pick up the same signal as the sii, in a fraction of the time. Cheers Steve

Archived