NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Yet another newbie - 12 miles from Cambridge UK

HughP

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi mate and welcome from charl in south wales. i have the ED80 on a heq5 mount and thay work well together,i use the ED80 for DS,the moon,sol. and even wildlife havent tryed it on the planets yet, together with a 2xed barlow you carnt go wrong, i dont have the FF-reducer yet but i dont feel i need one at the moment. goodluck charl.

Thanks Charl

Just the portability of the HEQ5 is an problem at the moment, need to get my hands on one before I take the plunge.

There are more questions than answers - always!

Welcome to the forum, I am a newbie myself and am delighted at how friendly (and knowledgeable) members are! but I am a bit further from Cambridge, about 300 miles in fact in Plymouth Devon, worked in Cambridgeshire a few years ago when the phone company (cannot remember the name but fed by radio) collapsed and we had to bring homes back to the BT network, loved working up there, never seen such flat countryside, we are used to hilly Dartmoor!

Hi Mark

I'm just the other side of Huntingdon from you. I was on a one day course yesterday for basic intro to astronomy. It was really good, ended up in a portable planetarium!

Archived