Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Please Help - Photos With Eos & Tripod

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Neil,

I will give them ago and see if they help out.

Tonight i have been out and got 22 photos of the Pleiades, but im having an issue with deepsky staker. all my images are loading as a tall thin bar. anyone know of a fix for this?

You need to download the latest version 3.44 or something similar, may also need a RAR unzipper, free ones on net.

Dave

Hi Everyone.

Just wanted to thank you all for your help. I have been out last night and took some photos of The Pleiades. However i do need some help now with the post processing, i feel as if im not doing a good enough of a job.

So if you think you can help me out i have started a new topic for this to be discussed. You can find it here http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260760-help-post-prosessing-the-pleiades/

but if your just interested in seeing what one of my exposures looks like you can see that here https://flic.kr/p/CK3eSj (that’s just one exposure of 23, unedited)

As for help with focussing - do you have a 'USB host' mode enabled Android phone or tablet?  If you do, you can use a fantastic app called 'DSLR Controller' to manually control the motors on your camera lens and preview test shots on the tablet/phone.  I have found that this helps enormously when trying to focus at camera. If you've got a laptop with you by the camera, then 'Backyard EOS' has a really easy to use 'Frame and Focus' mode that is very helpful with achieving critical focus. APT software has an astronomical autofocus routine for use with canon lenses that some people swear by.

Using a tripod on windy conditions it can help to hang something heavy like a camera bag underneath the centre column of the tripod. There is often a handy hook there for just that purpose. It really helps with stability.

Hi Michael,

Yes i do have a tablet that can use a usb, i will look for that app. I also have a laptop i use with the camera teats actual how i took the photos. I connected the camera with usb and used the canon tools to adjust the settings and take the photos.

I will also look for this Backyard EOS and have ago with getting it focuses with that.

Hi drmillrace,

thanks for the tip, the centre of my tripod dose have a hook. i will hand something heavy from it next time i go out and its windy.

Archived