Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Coronado Solar PST

An EXT90 solar filter (made for it ) would do the job! save the hassle of selling / loosing money on the EXT Orion.

Which also costs a lot of money. The dob is costing me £350, it'll be cheaper to put in the meade for the PST.

to be honest i saw the results of the Conorada PST at the astro fest, and was dead impressed.

The level of images you can obtain with it are magnificant.

Sonia, if you want a party trick to impress ppl with at a BBQ, this is the baby.

To be honest, i was kind of sold.

Although b4 i spend over 400 quid on one, i have a few debts to clear first.

But it seems a good wat to go.

And also given that Solar astronomy has very little to hamper it like light pollution, i can see many astronomers drifting back to the Sun.

The images are fanastic, and all for 500 quid for the kit!

Al

Al did you get to look through one ?

I'd be supprised if you can get anything like Pete's PST images posted in the solar section..

Sonia,

If solar observing is your thing then get the PST your Dob's going knock the socks off your ETX90 anyway.

James :lol:

alas no, i did not get to look though one :-( crying shame plus we were indoors.

The gent selling them had a whole stack of piccies he took with it, plus a video tape.

The images taken by Skyguy are very comparible as well. To be honest i am getting sold on the idea. Cannot afford it just now, but i certainly will consider it.

Plus i am sure the price will come down a litte :-)

Al

I had an opportunity to look through a Coronado PST last year, and though I was impressed, once or twice a year would be quite enough for me. I don't see the point of spending hundreds of dollars to look at that. I'll get another chance next star party.

I first observed thru a PST at my works 'Astro Day' last year. Meade had just bought Coronado (the company) and BC&F (they were there to support) bought two with them.

My first view was of a large prominence that looked like an arc with a flattened top. It was fantastic and I shall never forget it. What surprised me though was that the BC&F people were just as excited as I was :shock: "Surely you've seen this before?" I said. "Not like that we haven't!". Later, we saw a row of smaller loops spaced evenly as though they were stitched together... Absolutely wonderful.

An actual 'Solar Day' is now planned for March but I fear the Sun might not give up its wonders so easily next time :sunny:

Archived