NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A10 Optical/Scopes'n'Skies

JamesF

Anyone have any insight as to what is happening with A10 Optical at the moment?  According to Companies House the company is being dissolved today and has very overdue accounts, but the Scopes'n'Skies website still appears to be trading and operated by A10 Optical.

I know SnS have had their ups and downs, but it would be a shame to see yet another astronomy retailer going to the wall :(

James

I honestly don't know.

It may be that the assets of the business have been sold off to some new company that is now operating the website and hasn't got around to changing it yet, though I'd have thought such a change might be considered fairly important.  I'm sure there are legal issues relating to claiming to be a limited company when you aren't that one, or aren't one at all.

Even if that is the case however, it does have disconcerting overtones of what happened a couple(?) of years ago when the business was transferred to A10 and people were (as far as I recall) told that guarantees would not be honoured by the new company.  I don't know if and how that was resolved in the end.

James

A10 long gone , this time last year as I reported at the time ...  :sad:

I've tried contacting David via various channels but he doesn't respond , strange behaviour from a so-called mate , as to the website ... just ignore it ... quite why he didn't take it down I don't know but it's certainly not 'operational'.

I was hoping that something might get pulled out of the bag, especially as the website has been maintained over the last twelve months.  It even says now that the last update was only a month ago.  Looks like that's not to be the case though.

As far as I can see the domain name expires at the end of the month so the website should become unavailable shortly after that.  Probably for the best if they're not trading any more.

James

I'm still awaiting a small order from them - only a few pounds so I'm not bothering - I've written it off.

If you paid by credit card (and the payment was taken) it might be worth asking the credit card company for a refund anyhow.  I'm fairly sure they're liable for the debt if a supplier has gone out of business.  I can't imagine there's too much room for argument if the company has been struck off.

James

Archived