Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

last night's deepsky shots

nytecam

Last night was clear - a rare event in the last two months of almost continuous cloud and rain but at least we avoided the terrible flooding like northern England and Scotland that still continues. Local rivers are swollen.   

But the obvious thing I forgot was humidity from so much rain and wondered why the downloaded images were so dim.  Had to get the hairdryer out to clear the corrector plate a few times. 

Here for starters is M1 in 90s - data on image and pulsar "engine" marked.  Not my best but better than the last session.  It's nice to slew the scope directly "upwards" in Dec from M42 Orion Neb - they're on the same RA - for equat mounts ! 

Also included is Horsehead in 30s reduced in size which I've never seen visually so very pleasing. Will also post the longer exposures !

Nytecam

post-21003-0-99445100-1451943757.jpg

post-21003-0-39542800-1451944741.jpg

Here's M42 in very brief exposures of 1s; 3s & 5s - the huge dynamic range needs some fancy processing to avoid blowing the Trapesium area hence the brief exposures.  It's also too large for my set-up of 1m fl onto the Lodestar but interesting in colour ;-)

Nytecam

post-21003-0-18935400-1452004075.jpg

Archived