Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

CTB1 **Fail**

Uranium235

Well, that must have been the shortest session ever!

The sky looked alright on the way home, so I set up, and after just two subs the sky clouded over (the second sub wasnt great either, hit by cloud). But it was long enough for me to establish that CTB1 is not easy. If im going to make any serious inroads, its going to take longer subs (20 or 30 min) to bag this one. 

Despite the poor catch, I was quite pleased with the corner stars, so I thought I would post those for anyone still eyeing up the Star71. Its noisier than motorhead, but you should get the general gist of it. The crops are from the extreme corners - which really matters (to me anyway!). Nice to see the Star71 doing what it says on the tin :)

Widefield - extreme stretch (you can just about see CTB1):

post-5513-0-43994000-1450733169_thumb.jp

Corner crops:

post-5513-0-29478700-1450733231_thumb.jp

12 hours in Ha - It's on my website if you want to check it out - Can't link to it I'm afraid.

Heh ;) no problem, i've already seen it! I was looking at it earlier whilst hunting for reference image. Hmmmm 12 hours ey... perhaps its getting a little late for it now. Its at the zenith just as it gets dark, so I could probably bag just three or four hours before I have to point somewhere else.

Archived