Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fantastic Lunar Session Tonight

CraigT82

Had some great seeing tonight, for the first time I've been able to see what a supremely capable lunar scope the 8" f6 reflector is... Pleasingly crisp views using my BST 8mm and Tal 2x Barlow giving x300.

I saw more detail inside and around Copernicus than I've ever seen, including my first good view of Copernicus H, the ancient eroded crater Stadius and its row of numerous satellite craters that strike me as not unlike a row of bird footprints in snow!

I could easily have spent hours out there tonight but unfortunately an early start tomorrow means I'm off to bed :(

Quick iPhone snap below, anyone else see bird footprints?!

de3f2298acb2a4e74a790833e431de57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice report Craig, I had a couple of hours Luna observing last night and although I briefly looked around Copernicus spent most of my time exploring around Clavius which looked fantastic being just off the terminator. 

Lets's hope for some more clear nights over the holiday period for us to enjoy all our new goodies.

Seasons greetings to all.

Yep, it was a superb view of Copernicus last night. I was out a bit earlier and the east wall was still in complete shadow. The central peaks were very clear. Glad all went well for you, lately scope time is a precious thing due to permacloud!

Archived