Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

25 mins of Rosette Nebula. Surprisingly OK!

StargeezerTim

Seasons greetings stargazers...

Possibly the last one of the year.... Got nearly two hours of 5 min subs (iso 1600) last night but there was a haze and I only stacked 5 of them (tries stacking them all but result not good...).

Used a UHC filter and calibration frames.

I must say I am very pleased with it for such a short length of exposure. I would love to add to it but no doubt by the time of the next clear night it will be out of view for me.  :sad:

No doubt it will look very grainy... but what do you expect with 5 subs...  :grin:

post-35654-0-74278900-1450631702_thumb.j

Great image! Ive just got my camera modded so Im looking forward to giving the rosette a go! Why will it be out of view for you though?? Surley its only just starting to come into the rosette season?

Depends when the next clear night is! Seriously though, at the moment, it disappears over my roof at about 3.00am and the street lights don't go off till midnight, so I have a max of about 3 hrs a night of good conditions for the Rosette and that is getting less day by day.  Just the way my garden, trees and house is situated...

Archived