Spending spree again!

michael.h.f.wilkinson

Well, just an M8 x0.75 fine tap, for the princely sum of £5.87, including delivery from ZFE.

41PS-s%2BtZHL._SY300_.jpg

I can use it to make the appropriate thread in the side of my home-made cross-hair reticle EP so it will accept standard illuminators for such EPs. 

post-5655-0-37400100-1447872960_thumb.jppost-5655-0-52412500-1447872976_thumb.jp

I plan to unscrew the body from the barrel, remove the optics (keeping the lenses etc in correct order!), carefully measure where the hole should go, agonize a while before drilling it, tap the thread, and  assemble the whole thing again. The key issue is not to distort the outer housing and keeping the drill and tap at right angles. I think I will insert a piece of wood inside the barrel, and make a wooden clamp to hold it firm whilst drilling. The item should arrive before X-mas, so this is a nice little project for the holidays.

Nothing like buying tools i love doing it, if you can bore out a piece of wood so you barrel fits in the hole , a hole drilled in the wood to take the drill bit, then enlarged a diddy bit for the Tap will keep everything square, i would say pop round my place but you're not really next door.....

There are some lovely sets of taps and dies around. I'd love a good set but don't know what I'd use them for. Guess collecting tools is a man thing.

That's exactly my problem. They look the business but I'd be running around tapping holes in everything.

There are some lovely sets of taps and dies around. I'd love a good set but don't know what I'd use them for. Guess collecting tools is a man thing.

I have Whitworth BSW and BSF, BA, Metric,full sets,  1/4" and 3/8" UNC Taps and Dies, most have tap and clearance drills in their drawer they must be 25 years old now, you're right i don't know any women that collect but i'm sure there will be 1 or 2 on here....

I have Whitworth BSW and BSF, BA, Metric,full sets, 1/4" and 3/8" UNC Taps and Dies, most have tap and clearance drills in their drawer they must be 25 years old now, you're right i don't know any women that collect but i'm sure there will be 1 or 2 on here....

I reckon Gina's got a few lying around [emoji3][emoji3]

• 2 weeks later...

Archived