Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flame + Horsehead

abodee2

Very nice indeed!  :icon_salut:  I assume you didn't take darks? These will remove the noise to a large degree. 

There seems to be a bit of distortion in the image round the left-hand side. I'm not at all knowledgeable about lenses so can't really comment! I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be along soon.

Alexxx

nice one. can you tell if this is taken with 500mm or what focal ?

Great attempt abodee2. As asked before what was the focal/magnification.

Looking forward to trying to capture this DSO when the clouds lift.

It's at 500mm F5.6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's a link to the stacked file if anyone is interested: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jtv5bngo9q7jkt7/DSS.TIF?dl=0

Had a play with it in PI and PS. Could obviously do with capturing more data as always but there is still quite a bit tucked away in there.

I can't quite remember the sequence I followed as I tried all sorts of this to get at the data. But the main sequence was:

Dynamic Crop

Dynamic Background Extraction

Masked Stretch

Histogram Transform

Curves Transform

TGVDenoise

Colour Stauration

Then into PS for a bit of final tweaking and resizing.

Although I am no expert at processing (far from it), the reason I take on these challenges is to try to show people that by spending some money on software they can gain much more than they could by spending the equivalent on a piece of hardware (up to a point).

post-27141-0-27229200-1449941222_thumb.p

Had a play with it in PI and PS. Could obviously do with capturing more data as always but there is still quite a bit tucked away in there.

I can't quite remember the sequence I followed as I tried all sorts of this to get at the data. But the main sequence was:

Dynamic Crop

Dynamic Background Extraction

Masked Stretch

Histogram Transform

Curves Transform

TGVDenoise

Colour Stauration

Then into PS for a bit of final tweaking and resizing.

Although I am no expert at processing (far from it), the reason I take on these challenges is to try to show people that by spending some money on software they can gain much more than they could by spending the equivalent on a piece of hardware (up to a point).

attachicon.gifFlameAndHorseHead3.png

That's amazing Stuart! Would you say there's a big difference between using PI and Photoshop? I've been thinking about buying PI for a while but I've just made do with PS CC for the time being

That's amazing Stuart! Would you say there's a big difference between using PI and Photoshop? I've been thinking about buying PI for a while but I've just made do with PS CC for the time being

I think that PI and PS are complementary to each other. PI for stacking, DBE and certainly the first stages of stretching and I find PS easier to go from there.

Archived