NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Still trying to crack the stack with Jupiter

Aussie Dave

I thought I had this stacking thing worked out but apparently not. I can't seem to get a good stack with Jupiter and RS6.

I have actually captured better single shots of Jupter last night with my webcam than my first successful attempt with my Nikon DSLR.

My alignment comes up with multiple images and I lose detail and the wavelets worsen what little detail is there. Some of my attempts in RS6 looks like I've captured the red spot but I can't seem to get better detail than the single shots with the bands.

Single best shot from 33 total, unprocessed.

post-40030-0-68541000-1449770572.jpg

I tried to upload my 33 images in a zip file for someone to have a look at but it won't allow me. I'd really like to know where I'm going wrong, if it's my images or my RSing.

Ok have Autostakkert but it only supports avi video and SER and I've only single images in jpg. My webcam software only records in wmv and I've yet to have a successful convertion to avi :huh:

I'll need to download a webcam capture software that records in avi first.

Thanks Michael.

Will try PIPP too. I didn't even think about making an avi with images, was searching again for file conversions.

I've been playing around with Fitswork with that single image, quite a nice program.

post-40030-0-15221900-1449778097.png

Will get back to this tomorrow, cheers all.

Success with PIPP and Autostakkert, very nice quick and easy to understand programs. Wavelets in Registax and finished off in Fitswork and Paint

The quality of my single shots seem to be the problem again. I'll wait a week for Jupiter to rise some more and do some video.

I managed to bring out some more detail but overprocessing is raising it's ugly head. That's the best I can do with the handful of half decent images I captured.

post-40030-0-44379200-1449817826.png

Archived