Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

clear sky at last!

scotttumsh

so tonight is the first time since i upgraded my tripod to eq5 legs that i will get to use it, bit of wind but clear.

got my scope all set up and polar aligned ready to go. going to give the Viel a go tonight so hope it stays nice and clear! :laugh: 

Can't go out tonight. I did manage a hour last week which was the first time in two months. Had some setup gremlins waiting for me so it was a largely pointless exercise, then the clouds rolled in. I did amend my Goto to Standard time as I have in the past accidently left it on Daylight saving but even so my Goto's were still terrible. Had to reset the hand control to default and all was sorted. Next time the clocks change I think I will just reset everything to start with.

Hi guys only managed an hour or so last night as the good old clouds arrived so not what i had hoped for. so we are expecting snow this weekend oh the joys!. anyway hope you guys down south get some clear skies because up here is not looking good.

Hi guys only managed an hour or so last night as the good old clouds arrived so not what i had hoped for. so we are expecting snow this weekend oh the joys!. anyway hope you guys down south get some clear skies because up here is not looking good.

Been clear here from dusk until about 5 mins ago, so I've just got back in! Transparency quite good, but bright moon washing a lot out.

Clouded out now. Hope you get some better weather further north soon.

Archived