Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flip spectra images?

Hi folks

I stripped my spectroscope down yesterday and unbeknown to me I replaced the grating the wrong way round and last night took a hundred fits files and now need to flip them all 180 degs ;-(( Is there a way of mass flipping them all or do Ihave to flip each one individually please ;-(((((

Cheers

Steve

In Linux I suspect something like imagemajick can do this in command line. A quick search turns up a few suggestions, something like this

convert image.jpg -rotate 90 image-rotated.jpg

then just replace the file name(s) with wild cards

This might be a good place to start

http://www.howtogeek.com/109369/how-to-quickly-resize-convert-modify-images-from-the-linux-terminal/

I use imagemajick to create animations and other general batch processing of image files. Not had the need to batch rotate images before though.

Not sure in Windoze.

Thanks Ken!.

Cheers for that Robin I did wonder if ISIS had that feature somewhere. I did think of trying to process them as is and then flip the final image but ISIS would read the argon/neon image wrong for the calibration. MIght be possible doing that with BASS, flip the final image and then calibrate it!. Its only until I have time to adjust the grating again.

best

Steve

Archived