NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Wide Angles

Charic

..........funny old thing having a few quid to spare, seems even Telescope House has found out? sending me a nice tempting email ( a flyer to the Millions? ) today regarding widefield eyepieces? namely TeleVue 8mm Ethos +100°, ES 9mm 120°, Meade XWA 20mm 100°, TeleVue Nagler 31mm 82°, ES 24mm 82° and  a Maxvision 24mm 82°afov.

All very nice, all very tempting......Hmmmn?

Nah! dont need them, not just yet? But for those that do, take a look at their website.

There's no mention of any  discounted prices, so some folk will just have to keep on dreaming, but if your partners are asking what you want for Christmas...... :laugh:

I've also noted of late, several folk looking for/in need of, Tele Vue Delos EP's. What gives?  because I too was  recently keen/interested in buying three of the Delos EPs ( but that thought is temporary on hold at present).

I'm on the TH mailing list too.

I think ES wanted to showcase that they could come up with their own designs so they produced the ES 9 / 120, ES 25 / 100 and the ES 30 / 100 3" eyepiece.

The prices are high because ES have had to shoulder the development costs rather than piggybacking on an existing design.

I doubt that ES are expecting any of these to be high volume sellers.

Having used 110 degree eyepieces I'm not sure that I'd want to go as far as 120 degrees even if they were optically flawless :undecided:

I love using 100 degree eyepieces though :grin:

If you've got a 3" focuser then you just need this I guess....

http://telescopes.net/store/explore-scientific-3-diagonal.html

Btw, I don't get it either, just seems to be a marketing statement rather than a useful product..... Although I've not looked through one!! Might change my mind if I did. I imagine balance does become an issue though.

..........funny old thing having a few quid to spare, seems even Telescope House has found out? sending me a nice tempting email ( a flyer to the Millions? ) today regarding widefield eyepieces? namely TeleVue 8mm Ethos +100°, ES 9mm 120°, Meade XWA 20mm 100°, TeleVue Nagler 31mm 82°, ES 24mm 82° and  a Maxvision 24mm 82°afov.
All very nice, all very tempting......Hmmmn?
Nah! dont need them, not just yet? 

When has "Need" ever come into this hobby? ;) 

Archived