Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

All my glass

A few recent changes:

Scope, and the astro station in the background, now in "Midnight Blue" (you don't need to tell me it looks nothing like "Midnight Blue"!)

5980_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Skywatcher 8" newt and ED80 on EQ6.

and my eyepieces etc.:

5978_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Top: Nagler 3-6mm zoom; Meade Series 5000 20mm SWA; Meade Series 5000 14mm UWA; Meade Series 5000 32mm Super Plossl.

Bottom: Tal 3x barlow; Teleskop-Service variable colour filters; Astronomik CLS; Baader UHC-S; Baader OIII.

In their home:

5982_normal.jpeg

I recently swapped my Baader Hyperion zoom for the 14mm UWA. The latter can do almost everything the zoom could, and I wanted that spacewalk feeling for the first time

:cat:

So am I finally done with eyepiece-swapping? No. I would eventually like to replace the 20mm SWA with a 24mm SWA and the 32mm plossl for a 34mm SWA, but that can wait at least 2 weeks! :shocked:

Andrew

I'd say that's pretty solid collection there Andrew!! Very nice EP collection, and, no, this is not a "Midnight Blue" :shocked: The thing is, I doubt it'll alter your views :cat:

Marius

Andrew,

With the amount of light pollution I have here, thats a pretty good represenation of midnight blue, only needs to be more 'orange'.

Nice collection of kit your collecting there.

Steve..

You need some more eyepieces with green writing on them though ..... :cat:

John,

you're a very naughty boy. You were the cause of one of those "green writing" EPs, and partly the cause of the new blue one. Continue to tempt me thus... at your peril.

I'd say that's pretty solid collection there Andrew!! Very nice EP collection, and, no, this is not a "Midnight Blue" :shocked: The thing is, I doubt it'll alter your views :cat:

What you say is technically true, Marius, but remember, red cars drive faster!

With the amount of light pollution I have here, thats a pretty good represenation of midnight blue, only needs to be more 'orange'.

You have a point Steve :cat:

You have a fine setup there Andrew and the astro station looks good to.

Thanks Mick, progress is slow. I'm looking to get an adaptor to mount the EQ6 on the AS, but this is proving a little more expensive than I anticipated. Still, I can't wait to have use of the Astro Station back again.

Andrew

You are pretty well tooled up there Andrew. You have a far better eyepiece regiment than I have, and I am going to have to address that in the near future. I only need to figure out a way to get any plan I come up with accepted by YKW. A difficult task I face I fear.

Anyway, Have you wound down the Imaging side of things for a while. You will hardly get any dark sky at all way up there in Aberdeen. The sun must barely get below the horizon before it's up again.

Cheers.

Ron. :shocked:

• 3 weeks later...

You are pretty well tooled up there Andrew. You have a far better eyepiece regiment than I have, and I am going to have to address that in the near future. I only need to figure out a way to get any plan I come up with accepted by YKW. A difficult task I face I fear.

Anyway, Have you wound down the Imaging side of things for a while. You will hardly get any dark sky at all way up there in Aberdeen. The sun must barely get below the horizon before it's up again.

Sorry Ron, I missed your reply somehow...

The nights have been pants for weeks now. We had at least 6 sunny clear days in a row a few months back, none of which had a clear night at the end of it :D . That's why there's been no imaging. Or observing to any great extent.

Also, as you say, the sun barely sets these days. At about 1am it's still not dark. I can't wait that long to start an observing session that will anyway be no good for DSOs. Astronomy in Scotland over summer is a non-starter. :) It really sucks because it means all the lovely rare summer targets never get a chance.

Still, it gives me time to decide what eyepieces to use over winter! :D

Andrew

gorgeous set up that, do you use the ed80 as a guide scope?

god i can see my bank balance decreasing over the coming years, and possibly my fiance gettin angrier. lol.

she loves me really

Archived