Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion + runningman nebs.

xtreemchaos

IMHO if you play a bit more with your color balance and perhaps lower a little your streching I think this image can show way more of its "hidden" potential...  :smiley:  

Also ii think your tracking needs a bit of "correction".

In any case this is a nIce image Charl, well done !  :smiley:

thanks Dimitris, yer agreed mate, this another one from the night when the mount wasnt playing ball i should of took 20sec subs, and i dont think my focus is very good, but ill have another play tommorrow and see if i can get a bit of red to come out. thanks again clear skys  charl.

Charl, you can also try to reduce your blue channel a bit with and leave the red one as it is. This action may introduce a bit more green in the stars halo and in some areas of nebulosity where now the purplish rules. If it does then IMHO your stars will be more white and the M42 more "natural".  I'm saying this because, at least in my eyes, your red channel seems to be very well close to where it "should" be. Also, again as my eyes see, your stars all have a bit of bluish appearance and that is not only affecting the stars color but also some nebulosity of red areas have became a bit purplish. So, again IMHO,  by trying to boost the red probably will not have the result you may want.

In any case, what counts is what YOU like and what makes YOU happy !  :smiley: 

Now you talking Charl...!

At least to my eyes this is way better. You can't do anything about  the tracking problem in your image, although there are progs like Astroart which can correct enough your star shape, but the colors are way more natural and a bit more detail has emerged. Well done . :smiley:

I found a trick for correcting slightly egg-shaped stars when the tracking goes wrong.

You copy the image and paste it as a new layer on top of itself, then set it to 'if darker'. Move the top image around and the stars will change shape because they only show where they overlap. If you find the 'sweet spot' then suddenly all the stars, big and small, become round! Probably frowned on by the experts, but it's rescued a few of my pictures.

post-43529-0-03923500-1445420835.jpg

Why is it always easier to tweak some else's pictures than your own?

Archived