Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

stellarium

Jus got a new to me laptop. It has been refurbished and seems to be fine. My problem is I have downloaded Stellarium and I cannot open it. It says I need Open2GL or Mesa. Or an earlier form of Stellarium. My laptop is a Dell Lattitude E6400. It has the Intel(R0 Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz. 4.00GB Memory 64 bit operating system. I have Stellarium on my old PC and Laptop and it works fine. Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

Regards.

Steve.

Hi, thanks for the answers. cant do anything at the moment as 'my new to me laptop' has switched itself off and wont restart. Not a happy bunny. Company I got it from are sending me a new charger as it was not charging. I did download driver updates, but not sure if specific to Stellarium or not. I will check/download when I am up and running again. I am off to France next week and got the laptop to take over so I can start imaging, or try to wih my cheap webcam. Geordie85, thanks for that. I will do this if all else fails.

Regards.

Steve.

I had this issue. You need a 3d graphics card.Instead of paying over the odds for one ...

As with most/majority of laptops graphic chip is likely to be soldered onto the motherboard? so no upgrade is possible?

steviebee - you didn't tell us what graphic card does your laptop have?

There's always Cartes du Ciel, which is what I use. Granted, it's not quite as pretty but is a good alternative and certainly has all the functionality if you're going down the EQASCOM route.

Archived