Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Yay, Obsys back in action with a New Broom..

Sp@ce_d

Well the Obsy's back in action, at last... oh yes. :happy7:

After a 5 month layoff for repairs,  lack of astro darkness & the weather. I thought I'd start out on an object I've never imaged before, NGC6960.

14x 900 Ha

13 x 900 OIII

314L+ on a Esprit80

A quick & dirty play around in PixInsight... et voila..

Might see if I can get some RGB for the stars as they look mince. Bi Colour processing is a bit new to me.. I tried creating a synthetic SII but it didn't really seem to make it look very usable. Looked better without it..  lots to learn there I guess, so I'd call this a WIP.

post-11176-0-19768800-1442179433_thumb.p

Always a nice one to kick off with, did you try Noel's synth green action? That one usually produces a nice blue colour.

No, I was going to give it a go then realised I need to upgrade VMware Fusion. It won't run now as I recently upgraded to Yosemite. I run cs3 on a VM & couldn't be bothered to faff about. I used PixelMath in PI but it just looked a bit muddy when using it. Looked sharper in HOO. I then used about 50% Green reduction in SCNR to get some blue into the OIII wispy bits. I need to spend some time getting up to speed. To be honest I like the OIII on its own.. looks better than the Ha on this target I reckon.

Yea it does look a bit red. Think I was paying too much attention in trying get that clingfilm look to the OIII. There's a lot more thinner stuff in there I'd love to draw out. That stars a bit of a pain. As much as I try & do everything in PI I miss layers so I'll need to get cs3 running to do this justice.. well.. attempt to :)

Here's the OIII stack..

post-11176-0-20830700-1442183455_thumb.p

EDIT: I was going to try some 30min subs but not sure how that star will come out. Maybe one for an Astrodon OIII ... one day... one day...

Archived