Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

4 planetary observation opportunity + conjunction (Times 2)

bomberbaz

For anybody not already in the know there is an opportunity to view 4 of our planetary neighbours in one brief session as well as a planetary conjunction of Mars/Jupiter all in one go.

The mornings of the 17th/18th October should be in your diary if you want to see this great spectacle. The times are bases on my location of Burnley, Lancashire, you may need to adjust for your own. Starting at circa 6 am and lasting until around 7.15 am before the sun rises and washes it all away.

I will actually be in Corfu so I will have to get up at 4.30 am to enjoy  :eek:. I can see my suitcase packing list having my 6x30's ticked off though, these dont come along that often.  :cool:  Oh but on the plus side, I will be wearing my shorts for the session  :grin:

post-26735-0-73644000-1441957462_thumb.j

Then on the mornings of the 25th and 26th (Yes clocks go forward) there is a similar opprtunity but the difference is the conjunctions are between Jupiter and Venus. Starts a little earlier (read a lot as you will be adjusting to clocks going forwards) as it starts at circa 5.50am. 

post-26735-0-85882700-1441958300_thumb.j

You should be able to get both the conjunctions in a telescope FOV if you have at least 1.5 tfov. The 3 bunched planets will fit in your bins fov

Diaries out ladies and gents if you dont want to miss them  :laugh:

Steve

Cheers for the heads up, I will attempt to have a gander at the first one at least.

I have been waiting on that extra hour though so the second may not get a sniff. :D

I know what you mean about the 2nd one Jarrod. The first is a no brainer for me. Get up early, go watch it and then go catch up on my sleep on a sunbed hahaha  :grin:  :cool:

Archived