Toilet tent as temporary Obsy ???

I am toying with the idea of leaving my mount, scope, cabling, leisure battery etc (everything except the laptop) set up for a few days at a time when (if!!) the weather is settled as I currently set up and break down each session.

I am looking at one of these  http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001684DNA?ie=UTF8&tag=silverrings-21to protect it.

Any better available - am I raving bonkers ???

I am lucky to live in a VERY low crime area - I could hold a reign of terror with a balloon on a stick !!

I have one of these http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/hi-gear-utility-tent-p148806same idea, but mine has 'shelves' for your Ep's maybe?

Only two minor issues? Street lighting can still penetrate through the material when used at home, but perfect when away, so I use an extra ground sheet over the top as/when required, and the door zips from the top to close! it would have been nicer for me and my Dob, to leave the bottom half of the door closed, allowing the scope to peer out above the door?  but nothing that I have not been able to overcome. keeping the door shut keeps some of the cold wind out!

It gets more use in the Winter when the vegetation on the trees fall, preventing light from entering my space. The Dob-tent helps alleviates some issues.

The two shelves are a handy asset for holding some EPs. Two over head vents to let out your warm exhaled air?  and there is a rear strap that  would normally hold a towel, or similar, if used as a toilet/utility tent,  mine becomes a hanger for Star charts!

I get the scope, a small table, to keep the EP case of the ground and me and my drum stool comfortably inside.

I am looking at one of these  http://www.amazon.co...=silverrings-21to protect it.

1) Any better available - 2) am I raving bonkers ???

3) I am lucky to live in a VERY low crime area - I could hold a reign of terror with a balloon on a stick !!

1: For some reason the price seems a bit high, or maybe I expected lower.

2: Very likely.

3: Careful, they will all want baloons on sticks next.

We bought an AquaDome tent last year for travel use with our scopes.  Its of a good quality, and several features I like are.......

1.)  A large internal floor space which accommodates the 54" footprint of our portable pier.

2.)  The covered vent feature at the top of the tent, which minimizes condensation.   

3.)  No floor to contend with, which make it easy enough to lift up and over the mounted scope after unhooking the tiedowns.

The only thing I changed was to remove the internal clothes line and use better tent stakes.  All in all I'm happy with it, and I'm hard to please when it comes to gear.  

post-21902-0-05952400-1441913449.jpg

post-21902-0-35984600-1441913499.jpg

post-21902-0-75758800-1441913515.jpg

Archived